When I get the chance, and the energy, I like cooking meals, cakes and other things. This doesn’t happen as often as I’d like it, due to having a chronic illness. As things have worsened, I now look for easy ways to do things: cheat versions and bulk cooking meals to freeze. As I am a sucker for cheesecakes, this cheats version is really easy.
Ingedients (makes four):
- Digestive biscuits – 100g
- Butter – 20g
- Soft full fat cheese – 180g (room temperature)
- 2 tbsp of icing sugar
- 4 tbsp of lemon curd
- Either blitz the biscuits in food processor or, as I did, put them in a plastic bag a bash with a rolling pin until you get as fine a crumbs as possible. (The best way I found is to roll over one way and then the other. This gives a nice fine crumb.)
- Melt the butter in a small pan on a low heat. Add the biscuit crumbs and mix together thoroughly.
- Divide the biscuit base between four ramekins, press down and refrigerate.
- Mix the cream cheese and icing together thoroughly and add the lemon curd. Mix well.
- Spoon this on the biscuit base and level. Refrigerate for four hours or overnight.
As I said this is really easy, and very delish. You don’t need expensive ingredients to make it. I used supermarket basic range biscuits and soft cheese, and supermarket brand lemon curd. This means they cost approximately 15p each to make.