Having ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia is a nuisance with the many symptoms there are to cope with. One of mine is having no temperature control. As tonight is predicted to be a very warm one, this means even less sleep than I usually get. So I’ve been looking up some ideas to help with an over-heating body. Here’s a few that I found.
- Make a cold pack. Fill an old sock with rice, elastic band the end and pop in the freezer a few hours before use.
- Have a fan at the end of the bed or on the bedside table. It’ll help keep your face cool.
- If the fan is not enough, create some iced air. Fill tray (baking, tin, plastic) with ice and some water. Position it just in front of the fan and, as the ice melts, it will help cool the air down.
- Little ones will find it difficult to cope with a hot night. Fill a spray bottle with water and keep in the fridge. You can spritz them when they wake to help them to cool down.
- If it’s really too hot, then consider sleeping downstairs. Kids will find it fun.
- If you have an attic/loft, open the hatch. This will give the hot air somewhere to go and will lower the temperature in the bedrooms.
I hope you find these suggestions useful. Let me know if you have any other ideas.